International Master in Game Art
Specialize in art for video games!
We offer you a specific training to become an art professional for video games ready to successfully tackle real time projects and, especially, triple A content.
In-campus training or online
Video games are currently the most powerful audiovisual industry in the world. According to the Spanish Association of Video Games (AEVI), in 2021, video games in Spain had a turnover of 1,795 million euros. This figure is 2.75% more than the turnover in 2020 (1,747 million euros). In addition, last year the number of video game users in Spain reached 18.1 million people, a figure that represents an increase of 2.2 million compared to the previous year.
The sector is experiencing exponential growth and offers endless job opportunities for creative professionals.
The International Master in Game Art gives you the chance to become a professional in what you are most passionate about.
Methodology and educational objectives
Our educational model is based on projects and the reproduction of the real work environment.
Professional Game artist
Comprehensive training as a highly qualified Game Artist, both in Environment Art and Character Art.
Connection with the industry
To enable the student to create functional artistic content for video games, using the techniques currently used in the industry.
Specialized training for video game art professionals that enables them to immediately join a production.
Complete program verified year after year by professionals of the videogame industry of recognized trajectory.
Program – International Master in Game Art
PLAN DE ESTUDIOS
- Maya básico (8 ECTS): Dominar las herramientas ofrecidas por el software y las técnicas de modelado básicas para videojuegos.
- Maya avanzado (8 ECTS): Herramientas y procesos de optimización, UVs, retopología y técnicas avanzadas de modelado.
- ZBrush (6 ECTS): Aprender y dominar las técnicas de sculpting, así como anatomía y creación de personajes junto con técnicas Hardsurface y workflows para videojuegos.
- Substance Painter (5 ECTS): Técnicas de texturizado PBR (Physically Based Rendering), de hand painting & stylized y baking.
- Substance Designer (5 ECTS): Creación de texturas PBR y stylized tileables para videojuegos.
- Marmoset Toolbag 4 (4 ECTS): Presentación y renderizado RealTime de los proyectos realizados, así como publishing de los mismos en Art Station.
- Unity (9 ECTS): Creación de proyectos dentro del motor gráfico. Técnicas de iluminación, partículas y materiales.
- Unreal Engine (2 ECTS): Creación de proyectos dentro del motor gráfico. Técnicas de iluminación, partículas y materiales. Técnicas avanzadas de renderizado RealTime.
- Rigging (2 ECTS): Bones, FK/IK constraints, joints, skinning, blend shapes.
- Teoría del Videojuego y Game Design (2 ECTS): Análisis de gameplay, análisis artístico, mecánicas de juego, level design.
- Prácticas en empresa (4 ECTS)
- Dibujo Artístico (2 ECTS): Conceptualización de props y personajes.
- Animación 3D (2 ECTS): Key poses, curve editor, loops de animaciones y exportación.
- Programación (1 ECTS): Scripting C# aplicado a Unity / Scripting C++ y blueprints aplicado a Unreal Engine.
TOTAL = 60 ECTS
Career Opportunities / Employability
Generalist Game Artist
Highly creative and multifaceted 3D Artist Generalist, with experience in videogame art.
3D Prop Artist
Creation of 3D props for video games..
3D Character Artist
Creation of 3D characters for videogames.
3D Environment Artist
Creation of indoor and outdoor 3D scenarios for videogames.
Digital artist specialized in the process of creating art and virtual reality applications.
Arch Viz Engine Artist
Architectural visualization for virtual sets and augmented reality.
Character for Video Games
Entorno para Videojuegos
Diorama of a kitchen
Video Game Diorama
Video Game Environment
Modelatge orgànic per a concept art
Organic modeling for concept art
Modelado orgánico de personajes
Profesores de Game Art
Who is this program for?
People who want to change their career path
Are you thinking of changing to a different sector? This International Master is designed to develop the necessary skills to work as a Game Artist, both in Environment Art and Character Art.
People who want to boost their career
Take this program to complement your knowledge and be able to create functional artistic content for video games.
Just graduated from college? This International Master will provide you with the fundamental skills to start your career in the art for video games industry.
Would you like more information about this program?
The cost of the International Master in Game Art is 9.900€ por curso.
Scholarships and study grants
In order to facilitate access to the educational offerings of the L’Idem campuses, the school pays special attention to promoting talent through various types of study grants.
Assistance throughout the entire training at L’Idem Barcelona. It is essential to present the official accrediting document.
Given to international candidates with high school or equivalent studies, or previous university studies to help with accommodation and travel expenses during the first year of studies.
For high school students with a grade point average of 9 or higher who are entering the school for the first time.
Single Parent Family
Assistance throughout the entire course of studies at L’Idem Barcelona. It is essential to present the official document accrediting this.
Assistance throughout the entire course at L’Idem Barcelona. It is essential to present the official accrediting document.
Aid aimed at facilitating national stududents mobility whose residence is located more than 200 km from L’Idem Barcelona and need help to move during the first year of studies.
The scholarships and grants awarded are made effective through a discount on the total cost of the course. For more information you can contact our Admissions Department.