International Master in Game Art
Specialize in video game art!
We offer you a specific training to become an art professional for video games ready to successfully tackle real time projects and, especially, triple A content.
In-campus training or online
The sector is experiencing exponential growth and offers endless job opportunities for creative professionals.
The International Master in Game Art gives you the chance to become a professional in what you are most passionate about.
Methodology and educational objectives
Our educational model is based on projects and the reproduction of the real work environment.
Professional Game artist
Comprehensive training as a highly qualified Game Artist, both in Environment Art and Character Art.
Connection with the industry
To enable the student to create functional artistic content for video games, using the techniques currently used in the industry.
Specialized training for video game art professionals that enables them to immediately join a production.
Complete program verified year after year by professionals of the videogame industry of recognized trajectory.
Program – International Master in Game Art
- Basic Maya (8 ECTS): Master the tools offered by the software and the basic modeling techniques for video games.
- Advanced Maya (8 ECTS): Optimization tools and processes, UVs, retopology and advanced modeling techniques.
- ZBrush (6 ECTS): Learn and master Sculpting techniques, as well as anatomy and character creation along with Hardsurface techniques and workflows for video games.
- Substance Painter (5 ECTS): PBR (Physically Based Rendering) texturing techniques, Hand Painting & Stylized and Baking
- Substance Designer (5 ECTS): Creation of PBR textures and Stylized Tileables for videogames.
- Marmoset Toolbag 4 (4 ECTS): Presentation and RealTime rendering of the developed projects, as well as their publication in Art Station.
- Unity (9 ECTS): Creation of projects within the graphic engine. Lighting, particles and materials techniques.
- Unreal Engine (2 ECTS): Creation of projects within the graphic engine. Lighting, particles and materials techniques. Real Time rendering advanced techniques.
- Rigging (2 ECTS): Bones, FK/IK constraints, joints, skinning, blend shapes.
- Video Game Theory and Game Design (2 ECTS): Gameplay analysis, artistic analysis, game mechanics, level design.
- Artistic Drawing (2 ECTS):Conceptualization of props and characters.
- 3D Animation (2 ECTS):Key poses, curve editor, animation loops and export.
- Programming (1 ECTS):C# scripting applied to Unity / C++ scripting and blueprints applied to Unreal Engine.
Career Opportunities / Employability
Generalist Game Artist
Highly creative and multifaceted 3D Artist Generalist, with experience in videogame art.
3D Prop Artist
Creation of 3D props for video games.
3D Character Artist
Creation of 3D characters for videogames.
3D Environment Artist
Creation of indoor and outdoor 3D scenarios for videogames.
Digital artist specialized in the process of creating art and virtual reality applications.
Arch Viz Engine Artist
Architectural visualization for virtual sets and augmented reality.
Character for Video Games
Video Game Environment
Video Game Diorama
Video Game Environment
Diorama de una cocina
Organic modeling for concept art
Organic character modeling
Miquel Aloy CallejasView more
Who is this program for?
People who want to change their career path
Are you thinking of changing to a different sector? This International Master is designed to develop the necessary skills to work as a Game Artist, both in Environment Art and Character Art.
People who want to boost their career
Take this program to complement your knowledge and be able to create functional artistic content for video games.
Just graduated from college? This International Master will provide you with the fundamental skills to start your career in the art for video games industry.
Would you like more information about this program?
Fill out this form and we will contact you to inform you about the enrollment process at L’Idem.
All fields are required.
The cost of the International Master in Game Art is 9.900€.
Scholarships and study grants
In order to facilitate access to the educational offerings of the L’Idem campuses, the school pays special attention to promoting talent through various types of study grants.
Assistance throughout the entire training at L’Idem Barcelona. It is essential to present the official accrediting document.
Given to international candidates with high school or equivalent studies, or previous university studies to help with accommodation and travel expenses during the first year of studies.
For high school students with a grade point average of 9 or higher who are entering the school for the first time.
Single Parent Family
Assistance throughout the entire course of studies at L’Idem Barcelona. It is essential to present the official document accrediting this.
Assistance throughout the entire course at L’Idem Barcelona. It is essential to present the official accrediting document.
Aid aimed at facilitating national stududents mobility whose residence is located more than 200 km from L’Idem Barcelona and need help to move during the first year of studies.
The scholarships and grants awarded are made effective through a discount on the total cost of the course. For more information you can contact our Admissions Department