On Thursday 20th October Imagina Mediapro Barcelona hosted the Academic Graduation Ceremony of L’Idem Barcelona. The event was attended by 70 graduates of the 2022 graduating class, belonging to two higher education degrees and one International Master’s degree.
The program of the session, led by the managing director of L’Idem Barcelona, Oscar Gamell, was as follows:
- Welcome speech.
- Presentation of the Design promotion.
- Speeches by Roger Cano, Executive Creative Director & Partner at CIA BCN, and Artús Ferrer, representative of the graduates.
- Presentation of diplomas and special mention to Rubén Osés.
- Presentation of the Animation promotion.
- Speeches by Animation Director Pablo Navarro and concept artist Montse Sanz; and Alba García and Joan Cerdá, the representatives of the graduates.
- Presentation of diplomas and special mention to Sonja Civit.
- Parliament of Daniel Herrera, representative of the graduates of the International Master in Animation.
- Presentation of diplomas and special mention to Laia Maillo.
- Closing ceremony.
2022 promotions of Animation and Digital Design
“This is a special promotion: it coincides with the tenth anniversary of the school”. This is how Oscar Gamell, the managing director of L’Idem Barcelona, began his speech. He then reviewed the first decade of the institution’s trajectory in Barcelona.
“The value of a school lies in its students”, explained Gamell. To date, L’Idem has more than 300 alumni who are also ambassadors for the school internationally.
Roger Cano, godfather of the Digital Design graduating class
As a member of the Design 2022 final year jury, Roger Cano was in charge of presenting the diplomas to the graduates of Digital Design at L’Idem. In his speech, he explained to the graduates that they are now at the starting point: “what really matters is what you do from now on”. And he reminded them: “1% of professional success is talent. The other 99% is work”.
Speech by Artús Ferrer, Design representative
Artús Ferrer was in charge of giving the speech for the 2022 graduating class of the Digital Design studies. “Within the four walls of L’Idem I have experienced much more than I could have imagined, both personally and professionally”, said Artús. Teamwork, companionship and the impulse to creativity were the general lines of his emotional words.
Rubén Osés, honourable mention in Design
After the awarding of diplomas to the 2022 Design graduating class, the area coordinator Pablo García presented Rubén Osés with an honourable mention for his studies. In his speech of thanks, Rubén highlighted three key elements in any creative profession: enthusiasm, risk and constant learning.
Montse Sanz and Pablo Navarro, godparents of the Animation graduation class
As members of the Animation 2022 final year jury, Animation Director Pablo Navarro and concept artist Montse Sanz also acted as sponsors of the graduation. “Continue with the same passion you have shown up to now”, said Pablo. “Dream high and you will go far, but live with your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground”, he added.
Montse Sanz wished the new graduates the best of luck. “Welcome to the animation sector. I hope to see you soon in an audiovisual project”, she said.
Alba García and Joan Cerdá, representatives of the Animation graduation class
Alba García and Joan Cerdá, graduates of the 2D Animation and Concept Art specializations respectively, were the representatives of the 2022 graduating class of the Animation program. “If there is something that sets our course apart from the rest, it is how we inspire each other,” Alba began by explaining. “When we entered the school, we became more than just classmates: we became professional colleagues,” added Joan.
Sonja Civit, honourable mention in Animation
The presentation of diplomas to the 2022 graduating class of Animation ended with Sonja Civit, who graduated in the 3D Generalist specialization, receiving an honourable mention for her studies. In her speech of thanks, Sonja made a special tribute to the school’s teaching staff. “You have not only given us knowledge, you have also offered us a home where we can work on our ideas, debate and share”.
Daniel Herrera, representative of the International Master’s in Animation class
The representative of the class of 2022 of the International Master in 2D/3D Animation, Daniel Herrera, took the opportunity to thank the teaching team for the learning and support throughout the training. “Animation is a task of vocation and patience in which we will never stop growing”, he commented. “I only hope to meet again soon.